Visa Debit Card
Don't like to carry cash? No problem! SWACU's Visa® debit cards make it easy to make all of your purchases without keeping cash in your pocket.
You can even show off your puppy, family, or favorite selfie by adding a customized photo to your card. Not to mention, Visa is accepted at more than 16 million locations worldwide — so you're sure to never be caught off guard.
- Free with SWACU deposit accounts
- Free ATM withdrawals at SWACU, and Co-Op Network® ATMs nationwide*
- Use your debit card to qualify for rewards with free LUV Reward Checking or LUV Tunes Checking
- More convenient and safe than cash or check
- Overdraft Protection and Courtesy Pay available on checking accounts with debit cards
- Cash will be withdrawn from your savings/and or checking account
- Use as a debit card anywhere Visa is accepted
- Purchases are withdrawn directly from your checking account
- Easily replaced if lost or stolen
We're committed to keeping your financial information safe. Visit our Fraud Prevention page to learn more.
Upgrade your debit card style with MyCardCreation®!
You carry your debit card with you every day — why not use it to showcase your favorite photo! For just $10, you can showcase your unique point of view with a customized SWACU debit card.
Get started today!
1. Visit the MyCardCreation portal.
2. Upload a personal image of your choice in MyCardCreation.
3. Adjust the size and positioning. That's it! We'll have your customized card to you within 10 business days.
Before uploading an image, view our Terms and Conditions for respectful restrictions.
- Images must be in JPEG, PNG, GIF, Bitmap or TIFF formats.
- Images must be at least 840 pixels wide and 840 pixels high, and no larger than 10MB in size.
If the dimensions are smaller than this, your card image may be produced with "grainy" quality. If the dimensions are greater, the card image will produce with better quality. To find the size of a picture:
- On Windows: Right-Click > Properties > Summary > Advanced
- On Mac: Command+I
After your image is approved, your new card should arrive within 10 business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my new card have the same account number, expiration date, and PIN?
Your card will have the same account number and PIN. However, the expiration date will change, and you may update or change your PIN number when activating the card.
What happens if there is a problem with my order?
You will receive an email from SWACU detailing the issue to resolve.
How often can I change my card design?
You may change as often as you like. Just remember the fee will apply each time.
What happens if I do not like my card?
Please make sure you LUV your card before you submit your order. Unfortunately, we are not able to refund fees if you do not LUV your card.
Now you can enjoy the ease and security of using your debit card on your phone! Be sure to add your SWACU Debit Card to your phone's Digital Wallet for the convenience and safety of carrying your card everywhere you go without fear of it being lost or stolen.
Digital Wallets Available:
- Apple Pay
- Google Wallet
- Samsung Pay
Please note: When activating your SWACU Debit Card within your Digital Wallet, you will need to call 214-956-3990 to complete enrollment for verification and security.
Taking control of your debit card is as easy as "on" and "off", and so much more! With CardValet, you can manage your debit card and spending from your phone! Simply download the app, today! Search "CardValet" from any Android or Apple device and start taking control!
With CardValet, you can...
- Turn your SWACU Debit Card "on" and "off"
- Set locations establishing where your card can be used (will not override blocked countries)
- Restrict transactions based on merchant type
- Establish transaction amount limits
- Schedule alerts for certain transaction types
- Set restrictions on your child's debit card
*ATM Fee reimbursements (from checking account only) provided only if qualifications are met within the monthly qualification cycle. The ATM refunds will be credited to your account on the last day of the statement cycle. ATM refunds are for domestic ATMs only.