Daniel J. Kimber Scholarship Program
The Daniel J. Kimber Scholarship Program has been established in memory of Daniel Jarrod Kimber, a valued employee of Southwest Airlines Federal Credit Union. This scholarship is to provide senior level students with a portion of the funds needed to attend college. Scholarships will be awarded based on high school academic achievement, school/community involvement and submission of an essay.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year. Applications will re-open in January 2019 for the Fall 2019 school year. Three scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2,000 each to graduates who plan to continue their education at an accredited college, junior college or university no later than the Fall 2019 session. Please check back in January to apply.
Scholarship recipients must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a primary member of a SWACU savings account with a minimum balance of $5
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Complete an application and essay
- Be accepted as an incoming freshman to an accredited college, junior college or university
All official transcripts should be mailed to the attention of the SWACU Marketing Department at P.O. Box 35708, Dallas, TX 75235 before the deadline in order to be considered for the scholarship award.