Daniel J. Kimber Scholarship Program
The Daniel J. Kimber Scholarship Program has been established in memory of Daniel Jarrod Kimber, a valued employee of Southwest Airlines Federal Credit Union. This scholarship is to provide senior level students with a portion of the funds needed to attend college. Scholarships will be awarded based on high school academic achievement, school/community involvement and submission of an essay.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year. We will begin accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year in January 2020. The application will be open from January 1st to March 15th, 2020 for the Fall 2020 school year. Three scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2,000 each to graduates who plan to continue their education at an accredited college, junior college or university no later than the Fall 2020 session.
Scholarship recipients must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applications must be received by Southwest Airlines Federal Credit Union (SWACU) by close of business on March 15, 2019.
- Provide an application and five copies of your essay along with an official copy of your transcript certified by a high school official.
- Do not include a picture, reference letters or resume.
- Do not include your name on your essay.
2019 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- You must be a primary member of a SWACU savings account with a minimum balance of $5 as of the date that you submit the application
- You must be a graduating high school senior in the 2018-2019 school year.
- You must complete a Daniel J. Kimber Scholarship application.
- You must submit an essay that explains what quality you like best in yourself and what you like least.
- Illegible entries and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- After acceptance at a school and confirmation of registration, award checks will be made payable to the student member and the institution of their choice and mailed directly to the school.
2019 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Winners will be notified on or before May 6, 2019 by mail, e-mail or phone and agree to have their names and photos published in SWACU promotional materials.
- Applications will not be returned and will become the property of SWACU.
- The winning entries will be chosen at the discretion of SWACU staff.
- SWACU employees, volunteers and their families are not eligible.
- Scholarships may be used for tuition at an accredited college, junior college or university.
WHERE TO MAIL YOUR TRANSCRIPT:
Southwest Airlines Federal Credit Union
Attn: Luis Zavala
P.O. Box 35708
Dallas, TX 75235