Southwest Airlines Federal Credit Union takes your account security and privacy very seriously. We want to remind you to continue to take steps to protect yourself from fraudulent activity by reviewing your monthly account statements and monitoring your account online.
If you notice anything suspicious, please notify us as soon as possible. We will assist you by researching suspicious activity to determine whether or not the activity is fraudulent; and then develop an action plan for you based upon what we find.
Protect your personal identification number (PIN):
- Never write down your PIN. Memorize it as soon as you get it.
- Do not disclose your PIN to anyone. No one from any financial institution, the police, or a merchant should ever ask you for your PIN.
- Beware of phishing emails or text messages. These are messages that appear to be from Southwest Airlines Federal Credit Union or an online merchant asking for account information. Do not reply to them or click on any link in the emails. We will never ask for your PIN or other personal financial information via email or text message.
- At an ATM or PIN pad, enter your PIN discreetly, shielding the keypad with your hand or body.
Spot suspicious activity and protect your account:
1. Review your monthly account statements to spot any unauthorized purchases. You can also monitor your account activity online at any time.
2. Review your credit reports for accuracy. Call any one of the three credit reporting agencies to receive your free annual credit report.
- EquifaxEquifax® / 800-525-6285 / www.equifax.com
- ExperianExperian® / 888-397-3742 / www.experian.com
- TransUnionTransUnion® / 800-680-7289 / www.transunion.com
3. If you spot any unauthorized charges, please contact us immediately at 800-262-5325.
4. You should also contact the three credit reporting agencies listed above to notify them of any suspected fraud or identity theft.
Fraud Protection Alert
Fraud protection for our members is our top priority. In an ongoing effort to protect your exposure on your personal account, we will be blocking ATM/debit access to specific countries with which we have experienced rising fraud risk on our members' accounts.
To protect your money and reduce the risk of your personal funds, we strongly suggest you consider using your Southwest Airlines Federal Credit Union credit card when shopping online or visiting the blocked countries. You should also be extremely careful that you are initiating transactions with legitimate and reputable businesses that are also providing fraud risk practices for your protection.
Currently we are blocking ATM/debit transactions to:
• ARGENTINA (blocked online only)
• BANGLADESH (blocked online only)
• CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
• CONGO, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE
• COTE D'IVOIRE
• DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
• EL SALVADOR
• HONG KONG
• KOREA, DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF
• KOREA, REPUBLIC OF
• LIBYAN ARAB JAMAHRIYA
• MICRONESIA, FEDERATED STATES OF
• NETHERLANDS (blocked online only)
• NEW ZEALAND (blocked online only)
• PALESTINIAN TERRITORY, OCCUPIED
• PERU (blocked online only)
• RUSSIAN FEDERATION
• SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS
• SAUDI ARABIA
• SIERRA LEONE
• SOUTH AFRICA
• TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
• UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
• VIET NAM
The list of blocked countries will be continually updated. Last Updated 3/1/2016.
A final note:
Southwest Airlines Federal Credit Union will NEVER request your personal or account information via email, online banking, or telephone unless the request is initiated by you.
If you have questions or concerns, call our Card Services Department at 214-357-5577 or 800-262-5325.